Thursday, January 23, 2014

What to expect when I'm expecting....

One random thing before I get into the meat of this post. On NPR yesterday, there was some commentary on the idea of "Minnesota Nice." It cracked me up- I was right on with my post. The commentator said that a Minnesotan will gladly give you directions to anywhere...except their house. It made me smile. I love Minnesota.

Here are a few thing to expect and some to not expect with this pregnancy. Some are for me- some are for readers.

1. I do expect my eye prescription to change. However, I am not willing to buy a different lens for just a few months. So - I drive a black HHR with orange pin stripping- very noticeable- you might want to get on the sidewalks if you see me coming.  Better yet, you can pay my friend Kristen to drive me anywhere I need to go.

2. I do expect to get a little moody over food. Moody is not the right word- its hangry. A mix of angry and hungry. If I wait to long to eat- it gets severely emotional, and sometimes Joel lollygags getting out the door to dinner. I have been known to half sob/yell "I need to eat now!!!!!" in public. Really. Public.

3. I don't expect to do any naked pregnant belly pictures in a field, or by a window, or anywhere really. I am fine if others choose to do those. That is not my thing, and will not be happening. So don't look for them here. Or anywhere.

4. I do expect Joel to film my C-section. I have never seen one live- I want to. Mine would be ideal for this. I will have to edit out the part where he throws up and passes out. But as long as there is footage of the actual cutting and birth part- I'm happy. Again- I will not be posted here. Or anywhere.

5. I do expect to be annoyed by having to buy maternity clothes. They are so different from 10 years ago, and I am different. I am far to practical to buy something I will only wear a few times. I do not like to shop for shopping sake.

6. I do expect to have the cutest baby ever!!! Really, you think parents just have to say that- but I have really, really cute babies. Nurses come from all over the hospital to see them. I am not exaggerating. I am not saying I have ever thought another persons baby was ugly, but I have thought "not as cute as mine!!!" With the amount of births I have attended though out my career in this field, and as unfiltered as I am - it is a miracle that has never come out of my mouth.

...I guess it just did. Now you will know what I am thinking when I look at your baby...








 

1 comment: